Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thoughts on having baby boy

I'm pretty pregnant these days...36 weeks and 1 day, to be exact. I've been thinking about it a lot, the whole being pregnant thing, and I have so many emotions going through my head and heart! Of course, this probably is in large part due to pregnancy hormones.

First of all, WOW. There is so much to do, is anyone ever really ready? The answer is NO. I could pack, re-pack, arrange and re-arrange, plan and re-do those plans until I'd been pregnant for 4 years and STILL not feel ready. At least, that's what I think...I'll never know thank goodness.

We have a crib, complete with bedding and 2 little stuffed animal friends waiting for their buddy to arrive. I may or may not have cried putting those little animals in the corner of the crib, thinking of how one day very soon he'll be holding them and drooling on them and throwing them on the ground over and over again. I can't wait.

We have clothes. We have diapers. We have wipes.

I have yet to be prepared as far as baby shampoo/lotion/wash goes, but that's by my choice...a post for another time.

We have a stroller. Granted, the tires aren't pumped up, but since he'll be born at the beginning of the cold, ice and snow, I'm not super concerned about getting those tires pumped up anytime soon. We have a carseat. I need to put that in the car...We have a carseat cover. We have blankets and burp cloths. We have pacifiers. I just ordered a changing pad and a nursing bra. Baby's hospital backpack is now packed because I found a nice diaper backpack that Tom approved and said he would happily wear around.

I found someone to take over my job for a few days while I have the baby (thanks, Kenna!!). I have selected a pediatrician for our baby boy.

I think this is about as good as it's going to get...now we just have to wait.

Other things I'd like to do:
- Wash down the walls
- Clean out the cobwebs in the corners and along the ceiling (I don't know that it's ever been done in this house, which is old...)
- Make a TON of pumpkin chocolate chip bread, zuccini bread, and pumpkin bread so that it's available for me and Tom and I don't have to bake any for a while once he's born.
- Make freezer meals
- Save the number for the testing center in case Tom is taking a mid-term when I go into labor (impeccable timing, he's due the week of mid-terms!)
- Soak up any spare time with Tom

I am so anxiously excited to have this baby! I feel such peace, which is surprising for me. I am so ready to be a mom. I have always wanted to be a mother and now here's my chance, my dreams are coming true! Is this even real?! Somebody pinch me.

2 comments:

  1. So much excitement! And you sound super prepared. You'll be an awesome mom. I'm already looking forward to pictures, sooo keep that in mind. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited for you, it's ridiculous. Haha. I might be more excited than you are.
    (Okay, probably not. But there's a pretty decent amount of excitement in this little heart of mine!)

    You're going to be a great little mom!

    ReplyDelete