Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Our usual apology, update, and disappearance.

I seem to have a pretty good pattern going of getting on my blog after too long, apologizing for not writing more frequently (though to be honest...what's it to you?), a lengthy update of our life sans pictures, and then I disappear for at least a week.

Not that it's a problem, because there really isn't a whole lot going on in our lives. That's not true, actually. There is a lot. But I guess I just don't find it exciting enough to think that other people would want to read about it? Anyways...I'm adding another portion to the outline and adding "rambling" as a sub-category to each part.

Now on to the update.

Honestly, there's not much else on my mind except this: being with almost my entire family in Texas in just a few days. The opportunity to go to Texas is a miracle, and as time went on the party grew. Now all of my siblings (minus Elder Andersen, who will be dearly missed) and their families will be there (except Kenny, who will also be dearly missed). Last time that happened? August 14, 2013. AKA the day I was wed to my love. Next time we thought that would happen again? The next time a child got married. It is thrilling to be all together, and boy do we have things planned! I'll  do my best to document this very well and do re-caps of each day, because every day is going to be so fun!

But other than the anticipation and preparation of leaving for Texas, life is pretty normal! I have been reading a LOT lately. I finished Pres. Hinckley's biography and was deeply touched by what I read. Changed, is the better word. Then on Monday I picked up Stephanie Nielson's "Heaven is Here", which I had been waiting and waiting to check out from the library. I finished it last night, and today I checked out "Joseph Smith History by his mother Lucy Mack Smith". I have a goal to read biographies/books on all the prophets.

Also, am I the only one who checks books out from the library anymore? Don't answer that. I just can't see a good reason to pass up free books. And a whole lot of them too.

Unfortunately, we did not land the position as managers for our complex. We had a wonderful interview, but felt that it was already decided when they came over to interview us. Come to find out, we had some STEEP competition. But we are happy with the people that were chosen, we love the Silva's!

Tom is still doing amazing in school. He stays busy between homework, classes, work, volunteering, and class projects, but he still finds time to be with me.

In fact, last Friday was date night and I knew he had a lot going on, so I wasn't expecting him to stop school stuff for the whole night. But he did. We started at 5:30, beginning with a trip to this quaint used book store owned by a man with a British accent. We stopped at Broulim's for humus and a treat, then dropped in to Great Harvest for a free slice of pumpkin chocolate chip bread. When we came home, the chili in the crock pot was done, filling our apartment and the hallway with the smell that just makes you feel cozy! Then we watched a movie on Netflix. But wait, it doesn't stop there. When the movie was over, it was still only 8:30, so Tom says "Let's go to the Craze!" If you'll remember, we live above the Craze. But I've never been inside it! So we went with a plan to spend a dollar on "Deal or No Deal" game. Yeah, that didn't happen. 6 dollars and an hour later, we left with a few hundred ticket's worth of candy, and very happy.

I love my husband. I love that he loves me and that we have so much stinkin' fun together! From the beginning what attracted me to Tom (other than his incredible eyes and big muscles and nice hair and great smile and...sorry I'll stop) was how much fun we had, and so easily! We had the same sense of weird humor, and I immediately felt very comfortable around him. Marriage has only amplified that for us, and I am grateful every day for how he makes me laugh and smile all the time.

Saturday, after a productive day, we decided to build a fort in the living room, complete with our bedroom mattress. And no good fort is complete without delicious food, so I whipped up chocolate chip pancakes and we ate them in our fort while we watched 13 Going On 30.

Yeah, I've got it real good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are so cute it makes me sick. Seriously. Just stop being so adorably married. It makes me smile too much. Haha. I am so happy that you are so happy. Also, I love reading about all the non exciting things you are doing because it kind of matches all the non exciting things that I am doing. And I feel closer to you because of it. Haha. Love you.

    ReplyDelete