Monday, June 23, 2014

Dear baby

There are many things that I maybe should be doing. Like that assignment for my class that I don't really get and am frustrated with, or the folding of the whites that awaits when I step in the bedroom or tackling the ever growing mountain of dishes I see from my view here.

But right now, I just want to sit and be with you. I don't know if you grew a whole lot real fast or if you moved up or if you just all of a sudden discovered use of your limbs, but I feel you moving often and I can't get enough of it. The first time it happened, I doubted whether it really happened or not because it was so faint and fleeting. But I can't deny it anymore, you are a mover and a shaker. I feel you kicking and stretching and it brings me so much contentment and excitement and pride all in one tiny second. I am proud to have a movin' groovin' baby inside me.

You like to kick when I'm going to bed. It's never very painful, sometimes just surprising. You also like to kick in the mornings after the rush has slowed and I'm getting settled into work.

Last night as Dad and I were laying in bed talking, you began your nightly exercise routine. I asked Dad if he wanted to feel it, but to be honest I was a bit hesitant because I wasn't sure if he would be able to feel it and I didn't want to disappoint. But you gave a few real good kicks while his hand was on my belly and it was just a nice moment for the three of us. Thanks for doing that for us, little one.

Just now as you were having a dance party, I got curious and just watched my bare belly make temporary bumps and hills as we played our own version of Whack-A-Mole. Feeling you move inside of me makes this all so real. We're half way to meeting you, and I feel closer and closer to you as time goes on, but you moving is by far the best thing to this point. I know you've got to sleep and stuff but feel free to kick me anytime. I love knowing you're there.

We find out just what kind of baby you are in 8 days! I can hardly wait to call you by the name we've chosen if you're a boy or girl, to pick out baby clothes, and be able to use either he or she instead of saying "he or she" when we pray for you. And oh how we pray for you. And for ourselves, it's a daunting task to be assigned to be your parents! We could not be more thrilled and humbled, and so grateful to Heavenly Father for you. You are oh so loved, sweet baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment