Thursday, February 27, 2014

One year older and wiser too

I remember on my birthday every year, the first thing my Dad would say to me, as he gave me a big bear hug, is "how does it feel to be ___?" I would always joke with him that it felt so different, that I was a new woman.

Well yesterday was the best birthday ever! I got spoiled by friends and family, and most especially by my sweet Tom. Tuesday night we went to the Cheap Seats to see a movie. We saw Gravity. It was good, but I'm glad it was such a cheap showing (thank you 2.50 Tuesdays!). We probably won't ever see it again. It was so fun to walk to the theater and sneak in candy (wait, what?) and just enjoy being together! We rarely see movies, so it was a fun treat :)


When I came out of our room in the morning, I found that Tom had kept the Cook tradition alive by decorating the house! Please take note of the giant yellow balloon and the little green bean one in the center of the carpet. Also, please don't look too long, you might notice how messy our house is! 



An inside joke that will never tire. It stems from a great question: would you rather have a duck the size of a horse, or 100 horses the size of a duck? I immediately and confidently chose 100 duck-sized horses. Whenever we're doing something sneaky for each other, we say we're grooming or feeding or cleaning the horses. Isn't Tom a great artist? ;)





Even our managers remembered to wish me a happy day, on the receipt for our rent :)

It was such a wonderful day!! My favorite part was eating cookie bar things and Goo-Goo cluster ice cream on the couch as Tom and I watched "The Secret Life of Bees". I was so overwhelmed with contentment and happiness. I love this life. I love everything about it. Sometimes I forget that, and it's nice to have a reminder. There are always more blessings than trials. Always! A birthday is a wonderful way to remember that :) Thank you for all the sweet calls and texts and love sent my way! I am one happy 22 year old!


No comments:

Post a Comment