Monday, February 3, 2014

The Perfect Sunday

Yesterday was the perfect Sunday. It went a little like this:

We slept in.
We ate cereal in bed.
We indexed in bed (talk about the greatest calling ever! No dressing up or meetings...just my computer in my bed!)
We tried to shower but it was FREEZING. Thank you to everyone in the complex getting in the shower at the same time. I might have had a minor melt down, don't ask me why. Sweet husband runs to get the heater and brings it in, and puts 3 pots of water on the stove to start boiling. Then he set up a nice relaxing bath, and it was PERFECT.
My hair actually looked good yesterday! It's amazing what happens when I take the time to really do it.
Tom looked SO HANDSOME yesterday on account of he is super good looking. Plus he was wearing a shirt my mom bought him for Christmas as a trial run and WOW. I did good, y'all.

After church we fixed up pulled pork enchiladas and 4 layer bean dip. In honor of the Super Bowl, which neither of us have ever watched. But we can't deny the food is great!
While eating, we watched the Glenn Beck Conversion Story.
We walked to the Snow building to play the piano for a while. On the way back, Tom wrote this in the snow for me to see while I walk to and from campus:

We talked, danced in the kitchen, relaxed, wrote a card to someone special, emailed my brother, read scriptures, and stayed up till 12 making delicious healthy muffins that we're OBSESSED with. I'll have to post the recipe one day.

Then I don't really remember what happened because I was so dang tired. But I remember falling asleep holding Tom's hand and thinking that if every Sunday was like yesterday, or even half as good, I would feel pretty dang lucky my whole life long.

I love this life of ours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment