Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Caught the bug

No, not a spring bug or anything like that, if that's what you were thinking. Although we did enjoy a few days of sunshine and over the weekend I even got a little red - okay fine pink - in the face from the glorious sun!

But no, that's gone. It's currently snowing outside...yes. Snowing. But have I noticed? Nope. I've been cooped up in my room for the last 36 hours.

It all started when we were exercising, which I think is a good reason for me to say that it wouldn't be the worst thing if I stopped exercising for the duration of my pregnancy. Agreed? ;) I felt..yucky inside. I thought maybe I was just pushing myself too hard, so I tried to take it easy.

By the time we made it home, I wanted to puke. A few hours later, after hitting the hay WAY too early, I did just that. Several times. And then a few hours later I did it again. Then a few hours later I did it again. Except by that point there was literally nothing left inside of me. I HATE throwing up more than a lot of things in this life, so by the third go around I was just straight up angry, egging on all the Flu Gods to take it all, take everything I've got, go ahead. I shouldn't do that...they did what I said.

Yesterday I took half a Unisom, thinking that maybe this was a late first trimester morning sickness and that it would help. Well it kind of helped...after one more (unsuccessful) try at puking, I slept from 9 am till about 2 pm, waking up every once in a while to incoherently look around and wonder if I should maybe turn off the light...which I never did.

Anyway. This is me complaining about having the flu and being pregnant on the first week of my last semester of college. I emailed my teachers and I just know that I'm now "that girl" who skips out of the mile run and perfect pushup test. I guess I'll just have to use the rest of the semester to improve my reputation.

The amazing thing is that in the last 36 hours I have probably been awake for a total of 6 of those hours...maybe 7. I didn't know it was possible to sleep so much! After receiving a Priesthood blessing last night, I was determined to get up and go to classes and work today. While I may have the faith to be healed, I guess I need to remember the part where I need to be patient and have a positive attitude. I HATE being stuck in bed (I think I get it from my Mom), but I'm going to do as much homework as possible and who knows, maybe I'll find something to watch on Netflix. Doubtful, but a girl can dream.

Did you enjoy this rant? I hope you don't catch the bug too. Oh, and to whoever gave it to me, "I hope you step on a lego".

2 comments:

  1. that sounds like my exact life everyday while i was pregnant. hopefully it IS just the flu and not morning sickness that will stick around. i hope you feel better soon!! so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. I'm sorry you are feeling so sick. Not fun at all. Also, I don't know if I have told you, but I am sosososososososososo excited that you are having a baby. Seriously. It is awesome. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete