Thursday, May 29, 2014

A year and a half


The other day, as we were driving home from Utah, Tom mentioned that we had been together for a year and a half. It fit in with the conversation, but it totally caught me off guard and I've been thinking about it a lot since he said it.

That was us a year and a half ago, just about. That was the first "normal" picture we have together, and I don't care to share the real first one. I should point out that normal means we're both making regular, happy faces.


I loved Tom quickly. I knew early on that I wanted to be with him. Our relationship was unlike any that I had ever experienced and even if it forced me to be patient, every day felt right, felt natural, felt good. It was good to be with this man, and I didn't want that goodness to ever leave my life.

Eventually, we officially started dating. Then, we got engaged and ours is my favorite engagement story. Then we got married, and our wedding day was perfect in practically every way. Since then, we've started our family and are anxious to meet our little one in November.


Am I making sense here? Probably not. What I'm trying to say is that every day continues to be right and good and natural. Being in love with and being married to and preparing to be parents with Tom continues to be the best, most good (in the truest sense of the word) part of my life.

For the first time in my life, being with someone for a year and a half doesn't make me want to sit down and wipe away the sweat from effort and burden of "making it work", like I so often felt in the past. A year and a half with Tom doesn't feel like enough. And that's because it's not! We have eternities ahead of us. I can't even comprehend it but I get so excited thinking about spending it with him.

Basically, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it. For a whole year and a half now.



No comments:

Post a Comment