Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A long weekend

Life is gooood. The weather is warming, and big things are coming our way! Which is scary and awesome at the same time. It was such a great week, and I was really proud of myself for documenting our awesome weekend.

Actually, I started on Thursday. Ian and I got to go to a Wellness Workshop that Tom had to be at for work. I love these workshops! 




We had a great speaker there, and Ian did very well, sleeping most of the time. Our speaker is an R.D. (Registered Dietician) and was speaking on ways to improve your lifestyle. In discussing homemade things vs. store bought, she said that even if the things you make have some added sugar in them, it's still better than all the un-pronouncable ingredients in processed food. If it's not in your pantry, you probably shouldn't be eating it. Wise words, my friends!

FRIDAY! The weather was gorgeous, and we went on a run as a family. Ian LOVED being outside and fell asleep in his stroller. I think we just found our new go-to activity! Then we went to Idaho Falls to run a few errands and enjoy Chic-Fil-A, thanks to Tom's parents for the Valentine's gift card! It was Ian's first experience, and we're obsessed with Chic-Fil-A, so we took pictures. Ian hates hates hates being in the car/carseat, but he fell asleep after having a royal fit in Winco. Thank goodness that biology wins every time.





SATURDAY was Valentine's Day!! We had decided to not do much of anything for Valentine's Day except just be together, but I came downstairs to find Tom had been sneaky and got me a nice valentine anyway :) We ran the Valentine's Day 5K on campus, which was awesome. I'm not going to lie, I'm really proud of myself - I haven't run that far in almost a year, it was freezing, I was pushing Ian in the stroller the whole time, and it was one of my fastest 5K times ever. Running UP temple hill, for those of you who know the area. I was really happy with the whole experience. Plus Ian slept practically the whole time! Win win!
The rest of the day we just relaxed and took it easy, venturing out only to get some new clothes for Ian. He is growing way too fast! No shame, we buy his clothes from the D.I. We found a lot of really good quality, cute clothes for super cheap. That night I made a fancy dinner of steak, asparagus, and rosemary potatoes. It was fun to celebrate love with those I love more than anything else! Plus it was mine and Tom's 18 month anniversary, which is a fun coincidence :)

Of course, all the pictures from our fun day are on Tom's phone. Oh well.

SUNDAY was not the greatest day at first. Making big decisions and being poor are hard things. But I KNOW that Father in Heaven is aware of us! We can still be happy and live joyfully, even if the future is uncertain. Isn't the gospel such a blessing?
Side note, I was nursing Ian in the mother's lounge during Sunday School, and I was turned towards the corner so I didn't see who came in at one point. A few minutes later someone else came in and I heard her say "Oh, I'm sorry!", then a MALE voice replies "It's alright, you're good!". I was a little bit confused, was there really a dad in the MOTHER's lounge? You know, that place where MOTHERS come to breastfeed their babies? Well I quickly finished feeding Ian (luckily he was about done anyway) and get all covered up. I start to change Ian's diaper and look over and yes indeed, one of the daddy's in our ward was changing his daughter's diaper. He didn't say anything to me and I didn't say anything to him because, well, what do you say to someone who shouldn't be there? Oh goodness, I'm just glad I didn't know he was there for the whole 3/4 minutes before someone else came in, or I would have felt even more awkward. And it wasn't like he was just changing the diaper and leaving, he was playing with his baby for a few minutes! WHAT?! Not sure where that's okay but oh well, no harm, no foul I guess.

This guy is the real King of the Mother's Lounge:

MONDAY was President's day, so Tom didn't have school! We didn't do anything terribly fun - cleaning, homework, working, and job hunting. I know, I know, we're just a riot.

1 comment: