Monday, February 9, 2015

I am exhausted

Simply exhausted. We had such a fun weekend but it was one of those times where you feel like you need a weekend to recover from your weekend. Ya feel me?

Tom's parents and sister Kenna came into town! We are so happy they live not too far away, and are trying to soak up as much family time with them before Kenna leaves on her mission and we head to Texas.

They arrived on Friday night, and we had found out that Ian was teething a few hours before, so it was a long night. We stayed up late chatting, and then Ian woke up several times during the night - very unlike him. He normally only wakes up once, twice if it's been a bad day. I knew it was a special circumstance though, so I cuddled him a lot and tried to be a comfort to him. Needless to say, I didn't get a whole lot of sleep before our busy day on Saturday, but oh well. Such is the life of a mom, right? :)

Saturday morning, Tom and I participated in the Try-A-Tri here on campus! We've done a few of these before but never have I had a baby and then tried to do one. Let's just say I haven't worked that hard since giving birth to Ian. But it felt so good! I beat my goal of doing it in 40 minutes (I did it in 37:11) so it was a success in my mind. It included a 300 m swim, a 6 mile bike, and a 1.5 mile run. Nothing too intense, but it was quite a workout!





 

After the Try-A-Tri, Tom had the first Team Challenge for the Biggest Winner program he works for. I love it when we all get to go to work with him! It was a super fun challenge to watch. I was a little bit bummed that I didn't get to participate but I was, as has been stated twice, exhausted. I was happy to watch from the bleachers this time around :)


This is Ryan, one of Tom's friends/co-workers. He's hilarious and loves Ian! They were having a great time dancing, and this is the least blurry picture I got so pardonez-moi!

The rest of the (unpictured) day went like this:
I conducted some interviews for work.

We ate at Pizza Pie Cafe (praises be!)

Kenna, Tom and I went to the temple while Grandma and Grandpa Cook watched Ian. The temple was amazing. We accidentally showed up in time to get in to the Spanish session, whoops! But it worked out well. I haven't been to a session since I was...probably 7 months pregnant, so it's been way too long. I LOVE the temple!

We hung out and snacked through the evening and then made a whoooole lot of stove top popcorn for our movie night: Steel Magnolias. That scene at the end of the funeral gets me every time, guys.

Then on Sunday we had a great time at church (Ian had his first public pee-out, but Tom graciously took care of it), and choir practice went much better this time! I got called as the Ward Choir Director and was pretty nervous about it the first week. But it was great, and I am really excited to perform next week in Sacrament Meeting. Pray for us!

It was a wonderful weekend. I am sore and super grateful, two signs of a fulfilling weekend if you ask me. It's always hard to come back to real life after vacations/visitors, but we're taking this week head on!


No comments:

Post a Comment