Thursday, October 10, 2013

Moments

If you know me, you know that I am a worrier. Anxiety and I are close. I stress, and I rush, and I sometimes miss out on little things. Then again, I also feel like I'm observant and I try to be sensitive to others and live in the present, even though I struggle a mountain load bit with that.

Lately, I've felt...well I'm not sure what it is. I love having a routine, but sometimes I wish I had the ability to stay at work because the people I help are always different and the dishes and list of things to clean is always always always the same.

And I've been a poop about it! I've complained to Tom and been just so dumb about things.

But every once in a while, there are moments that bring me back. Sweet passing moments that remind how blessed I am and how happy we are and how much I love this life I live.

Like when Tom studies and thinks out loud. Or how he'll tell me all about what he's studying because it's so fascinating to him!

Or when we're cooking or doing dishes and we somehow end up dancing in the kitchen, me standing on his feet.

Or when I come home from work and Tom has written a sweet little message on a sticky note.

And all of these little moments have continually reminded me that "out of small things are great things brought to pass". The small acts of service that we do for each other, the little kisses on the forehead as we pass by, the funny pictures we send to put a smile on the other's face...it all contributes to this great thing called love! Actually, I'd say that's all that it is - an innumerable amount of little things that make you love that person more and more and more...does it ever stop? Gosh...I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment