Monday, October 7, 2013

Sick.

I don't like to admit it, but sometimes I'm not very tough. And when it comes to being sick, I am the world's biggest wimp.

Its a good thing I have the ultimate champion husband, who puts up with my complaining, my sniffing, my coughing, and constant stirring while I try to sleep.

This weekend, despite my being sick, we went down to Utah for Conference! We love the excuse to be with family. We came down with Blaine and Kenna, and had a great drive down. Friday night we went to Tom and Blaine's mission reunion!  It was my first time going to a mission reunion, actually it was Tom's too! And even though it was great to see people, and wonderful to see his mission president and his family, we probably won't go to another one. That night we drove down to Provo and stayed with Jeff and Kerri. We had to watch a few Miranda Sings videos before bed...it's just a must.

The next morning we woke up late (YES. I'm loving sleep these days) and had a yummy breakfast thanks to Kerri! Then we went over to Kim and Caleb's and watched General Conference!

Let me just say that I love General Conference so much. It's like New Years, but better. You get to set new goals and gain new perspective and reflect, but you get to hear from God's appointed leaders on the earth today, so it's better. This Conference was better than the last, and I'm pretty sure they do that every year! I loved being with my family on Saturday. Conference is a very nostalgic thing for me, and I was so grateful that I have at least a couple close siblings nearby.

After the second session, we drove up to Salt Lake and picked up Blaine, then came to Lake Point! The boys went to Priesthood session, and us girls hung out at home. We tried to make a trip into Salt Lake to go to Seagull Book, but it was closed! It was fun to be together anyway. That night all of us watched A Beautiful Mind, then went to bed.

Sunday was another round of wonderful conference! I was feeling pretty crappy, so I was really grateful that we could relax. Blaine's parents came up from St. George to see him, so we hung out with them between sessions and then they stayed for the second session.

After conference was over, we ate dinner, packed up the car and headed home. I love visiting family, but I am always so glad to come back to our little apartment :) I was drinking so much water on the way home that we had to stop twice for me to use the bathroom. I think I'm turning into my mother! ;) We got home at about 10:30, and I went straight to bed.

I was coughing allllll night. At one point I just sat up for a while because I knew I wasn't going to sleep anyway! Then I got the bright idea to get some nyquil (duh, Laura!), at about 3:30. It knocked me right out, thank goodness. And then...well I woke up to tell my boss I wasn't coming to work, and fell back asleep. I woke up when Tom walked in the door for lunch. It was 11:15. That is a new record for sure! And since then, I've done nothing but lay on the couch to watch Modern Family and read blogs. I really hate being sick.

But, watch me go, I'll do the dishes! Or at least do something so I feel that I haven't completely wasted the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment