Monday, September 30, 2013

Mon Petit Frere

My little brother Tim is serving his mission in Lyon, France right now. Monday is P-day (which stands for preparation day, where missionaries get to grocery shop, do laundry, and most importantly WRITE HOME in preparation for the coming week), so this morning when the alarm went off the first thing I did was check my email. Sure enough, another great message from Elder Andersen.

I've been thinking about my little brother a lot lately, and how lucky I am to have him as a little brother.

Tim and I have always been really close. Maybe it's because we were in the 'younger kids' club, maybe it's because when I was 4 and he was 2 we got the chicken pox together. Who knows? Whatever it is, Tim has always always always been there for me.

He's gotten me through a lot of hard times, and has always been there to encourage and support me in whatever it is I'm doing with my life. So when my heart was ready and I found the man better than my dreams, it was only a sealed deal after Tim met Tom.

I remember it very well. Tom and I had just driven to Spring City from the Holli Krishna festival in American Fork, so we were covered in colored dust. We must have looked quite a fright. But Tim was the first one to grab not just me but Tom in a big ol' hug. It made my heart swell to see my two favorite boys meeting for the first time in person.

The next day they went on a run together. Both of those boys love to run...good for them ;) Later that day, Tim pulled me aside and said "You need to marry Tom". So I did :)

Tim is a good man. In one word, that's what I would call him: good. And I mean that in the purest sense of the word. He is honest, he works hard, he is humble, and he does everything to the best of his ability. I have been so blessed by his example and his life. It makes me so happy to see him on a mission, doing what he has been preparing for his whole life, and in a place that is so dear to our family! (Tim was born in France while my family lived there)

I am so proud of you, mon petit frere. Tu me manque beaucoup, et je t'aime.




No comments:

Post a Comment