Sunday, September 29, 2013

Perspective

I intended to blog today about our Temple to Temple relay yesterday. Then I wanted to blog about the State Fair we went to way back when we were still in Utah. Then after a few great discussions and short videos and other articles, I wanted to rant about cell phones, about milk, about the terrorists, about government, about exercise, about silly women, about the wonderful Relief Society broadcast last night, and a lot of other things.

But you know what? I don't think it's worth it to vent on the public internet.

What it comes down to is that we knew that things would get 'sticky' in the last days. I probably knew that way more in the pre-existence than I understand it now, because I really don't get it. And yet, I still made the choice to come down to this earth life and follow the teachings of my Savior Jesus Christ.

What it comes down to is that Tom and I will continue to follow the prophet and do what the Lord directs us to do. The rest of it...it's not going to matter. One day all of this will be gone. What a wonderful thing!

What it comes down to is that life, when it comes down to it, is simple. I love Tom. That's pretty simple. Because of our commitment to each other and to our Heavenly Father, we will live the best way we know how. If I can keep this perspective, I think that I'll be a little less shocked when we get to heaven and there is no dispute and contention over what type of milk to use, no confusion over what our eternal roles as women and men are, and no wicked people to terrorize the world.

That will be a pretty glorious day, and I want to feel comfortable there. Maybe remembering that perspective now will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment