Friday, September 27, 2013

Life Lately

I never really feel like we have anything largely significant to post, but I love it when others post and I can just hear what's going on, no matter how boring it is! So I decided to do the same thing for us.

House improvements are pretty much done! We only have one nasty little set of blinds to put up. After one minor setback that I'll blog about later, I feel like we're pretty settled. Of course time will help us really break in this place, but we love it. It's home.
Its amazing what some paint and new blinds can do for a home. And for the spirit of our home! Cleanliness really is next to godliness, we've learned.
Here's a picture of our picture collage! We need to fill that bottom right blank space, and replace a couple pictures, but I really love having our wedding pictures up :)


Tom has been working really hard in school. We're trying to get our schedule down, and we're discovering that usually we get to eat lunch together, which is so nice, and that dinner together is at 7 pm at the earliest. Usually around 8 or 9, realistically. I have work early in the mornings, so I'm pooped by the time dinner rolls around. Recently, it's been a really good day if we can get in bed and read scriptures together. But we love being busy! It makes us feel good and productive.

I'm desperately looking for a second job. I'll take toilet cleaning, if it was available. I've put in so many applications I have all my previous work experience information memorized. Pretty much. Prayers that I can find something would be SO appreciated. Then again, if I'm not supposed to have a second job, we will be okay.

Tonight Tom is taking a test, and I have swimming try outs! I'm not sure if it's a good idea for a lot of reasons...I haven't been on a team in forever, let alone swam competitively. I know some people take it pretty seriously. Okay fine, I only know of one girl who's taking it really seriously, but still. Also, it's getting really cold. I have fond memories of coming out of swim practice with wet hair and it freezing a little bit. But trust me, those memories didn't become fond for a while!

Oh, and it's official, we are Idahoans. I changed my major to reflect what it's been for the past few semesters and I'm coming to grips with being a University Studies major. I know, it's nothing to be ashamed of, getting any degree is awesome! But sometimes I hear about these people getting awesome degrees and I wonder if I'm cheating myself. But I feel good about this, as I always have, so despite my pride, it's happening! I'll be done with formal education in July, if all goes as planned. However, we won't be leaving until maybe 18 months after that.

But we've decided that's okay! We love Idaho, we really do. Even though I cringe a little bit at the thought of a Rexburg baby, I know that life is as good as you make it, or let it be. And we're going to soak it all in.



Basically, our lives are simple but full of joy. I love every second I get to be with my husband. I still struggle to remember my last name when I'm signing papers, I still get really excited when someone says "your husband", and my second favorite part of the day is when he walks through the door. My first favorite part is when I'm leaving for work and he's only half awake and he tells me to have a good day and be safe and bundle up. But that's enough mush. I guess I'm just trying to say that it's all true, what they say about married life. It's all true, the blessings you hear about in the scriptures that come to those who are doing what they should. We can always improve, but I can see how we're prospering in this land and finding true joy as we make Christ the center of our home. Through Him, we can and are doing difficult things that will make us into the people He designed us to be. And it just doesn't get much better than that :)

2 comments:

  1. How did you hang the jar with your bouquet on the wall? It's so cute! Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A home always feels more like a home when it's looking the way you like. I'm glad married life is agreeing with you.

    ReplyDelete