Saturday, September 7, 2013

All things rugged

My husband works for the Tooele Valley Mosquito Abatement District. I had no idea what this meant until I met him, so I explain it by saying he rides around on a 4 wheeler looking for mosquito babies, and then he sprays pesticide and they die. He always comes home covered in dirt and thoroughly coated in the smell of pesticide. And I love it!

The funnest part about his job is when I get to go out with him. I don't spray or do anything because that's super illegal, but I love being in the truck with him as we ride around Tooele valley, and then riding on the 4 wheelers is another favorite part. Now that he works by himself, he gets lonely, so I've been going out with him for a half a day pretty much every day. It's the best!

On Friday, Tom and I went out to the area we sprayed when I first went out to work with him, it was on his birthday. We weren't even engaged yet! Just little kids we were! It was a gorgeous morning, my husband was looking dapper in his gym shorts and knee high rubber boots, and it was so nice to just ride around out there in the sun. It was perfect. And I officially love going to work with Tom.

See what I mean, all that dapper-ness? Irresistible, I tell you.

I think this view is just beautiful!

On the 4 wheeler with my main squeeze :)

It's crazy to me that our time in Lake Point is coming to an end! I am so so so excited to get into our apartment, and start my job again - is it ridiculous that I miss my work? So be it, cause I do. It has been so nice to be here with family, and we are so grateful for the love and help we've received. We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment