Thursday, December 19, 2013

Does anyone else hate unpacking?

Getting ready for a trip is stressful. Not to mention when that trip is post-finals and post-big-work-messes and post-end-of-semester-yahooligans.

Plus, I'm like my Mom. I like things clean. And for some reason, when I am about to leave for a trip I want everything pristine. I mean, cleaner than I would ever have it if I were staying here. Weird? I know.

But last time I had a pre-trip clean obsession, it worked in my favor. We returned from Thanksgiving break thinking "WOW it feels good to be home, and wow does our home look good". And we were really grateful that we had worked to hard to clean.

That said, here's what my to-do list looks like for today/tomorrow morning:

-Pack. I love packing. But I hate unpacking. Problems.
- Exercise. Today we're running stairs so if I never see you again...
- Empty the fridge of all things that will rot
- Scrub the fridge out
- Finish making Christmas gifts (just call me the ULTIMATE procrastinator)
- Wrap Christmas gifts
- Mop kitchen floor real good
- Wipe down the walls (this sounds really strange, I'm not even sure why I put it up. But that's me, bebe).
- Take down Christmas tree
- Date night!
- Tidy up bathroom
- Dust livingroom
- Index (for our calling)
- Write missionaries: Hermana Franklin and Elder Andersen

And a whole lot more. But I realized after that last one that this is probably going to be the lamest post you've ever read and you probably never ever want to hear about my to-do list again. Sorry, guys.

1 comment:

  1. I love your to do list, mostly because I do the same thing. I always like to wash my sheets before going on a trip, so they are nice and clean when I get home that first night. I also have a very involved packing list because I love packing too! Hope you are having a great Christmas break! love you!

    ReplyDelete