Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Love Notes

One of my favorite things that Tom and I do is write little notes to each other. Sometimes we're better about it than others, sometimes it's a very rare thing. But whenever I come home and find a sticky note on the fridge or the cupboard, it just makes me feel so happy, no matter how simple or mushy the message.

During stressful times, these notes are like a weird little anchor for me in the day. Tom's a pretty amazing guy, and he's involved in a lot of things, so he gets spread pretty thin sometimes. It's nice to know that even when I can't help him accomplish the tasks he has to do, I can give him an encouraging word. And when I hardly get to see him during the day, a little reminder of his love for me is the perfect thing that I need.

I think Heavenly Father sends us little love notes too, just in different ways. Like today, it was sunny, I mean real sunny. It wasn't warm, but at least it was sunny. It was just a little "hey, you can make it through the winter and anything else in the plan. I love you". Or like how my piano teacher was ill, so I had a whole hour to practice on my own and catch up on the week's practice log. Or how sometimes time seems to slow down while I speed up so that I can get lots of good things done. Including a nice nap ;)

Look for those little love notes! Sometimes if we're not looking for them, they'll go right past our noses. What love notes have you found today?

In other thoughts, pretty much every other thought in my little brain, is how we're going to Utah this weekend to see my family!! My Mom and all but one of my sisters are coming for a little girl time. Cami, you will be sorely missed! It's going to be so much stinkin' fun just to be together. I feel giddy when I think about it! We don't have anything special planned, just being together! And I can't wait! Sometimes a girl just needs her mom and her sisters...especially when a girl lives far away from every. single. one of them. I can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Love notes from Heavenly Father. I will make sure to keep track of them all. In fact I will probably miss some. Thanks for the reminder to look out for blessings!

    ReplyDelete