Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekends are for the warriors

We had the most lovely of weekends! I feel like it's always kind of a struggle to figure out the best order to do things in on Saturdays when we want to maximize our time and feel the most productive. We always have the same things on our weekend list (with slight variation) - temple, homework, exercise, and do something fun!

Friday night after attending Team Yellow's workout (which was so fun and I love being at work with Tom!), we went to the store and each picked out our own box of cereal. Of course, we did this knowing full well that we would eat each other's. Dark Chocolate Cheerios and Special K Fruit and Yogurt are where it's at. I'm telling you! This coming from the girl who ate 2 bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch on the daily. Then we came home and moved our mattress into the living room! I LOVE IT when we do this. It feels like a fun adventure :)

We ate dinner, and then had a boat load of cereal for dessert/date treat while we watched Secondhand Lions. I fell asleep at some point, and woke up to Tom watching a documentary on Netflix called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. So I woke up to watch it, and then Tom fell asleep. My sister Steph had recommended that one to us a while ago but we never watched it till now! It was interesting, and we've had lots of chats about juicing pros and cons since then. If we find a super cheap juicer, we may even try it!

Saturday was so good! We did homework first, then exercised. Can I just proclaim to the world that I RAN 5 MILES. I've never ran that far in my life. Go ahead and laugh, but I'm proud! It felt oh so good. Then we went to the temple, one of my favorite parts of the week. Then we headed off to Idaho Falls for some a lot of shopping! Thanks to birthday gift cards and wedding money (will it ever end?), we had a free-loader's fantasy of a night. I got some new clothes, something that I haven't done in a long time!, and we got some decor for the house, and a new journal for me. And of course we stopped at Winco. We had this tragic moment where we realized that Bed Bath and Beyond (where all our wedding money left is for) doesn't sell animal crackers OR the chocolate covered Acai berry/blueberry mix. WHAT?! One can only use gift cards for so many things until it becomes wasteful, I suppose. But that didn't deter us, we spent the last bit of our Target gift card for some treats and useful things. All in all, a very successful night.

Sunday was a wonderful day. We were just so happy and giddy...okay I'll stop. Just mushy newly wed stuff ;) We just both really love each other and this life we live!

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment